Re: [Gnumed-devel] users & dev lists

From: James Busser
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] users & dev lists
Date: Sat, 09 Aug 2008 09:22:14 -0700

On 9-Aug-08, at 8:22 AM, Gour wrote:

What do you think about creating new gnumed-users list in order not to
bother everyone with development issues & bug-reports?

So far, AFAIK, there are no "users" who are not also either developers, or at least interested to still receive the development mail.

In addition, the project is still at such an early stage that at least some of the developers would want to know what users are running into, and what ideas the users would have.

Your idea is a good one in principle and it is just a question of what is a suitable time. I think that as soon as three or more people found a good reason to want to share discussions that the -devel subscribers would rather be split off, we could create the list. At this stage, most people on -devel may rather not need to be on a second list so would prefer them collapsed.

BTW we *used* to have 2 other lists "gnumed-updates" and "gnumed- announce" but they disappeared from the gnu listing, perhaps being auto-deleted from non-use (it must have been a couple of years since they enjoyed a bit of experimental use).