[Gnumed-devel] Re: Naming convention (Was: Choice of programming languag

From: Andreas Tille
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Re: Naming convention (Was: Choice of programming language and project management)
Date: Tue, 8 Sep 2009 10:56:33 +0200

On Mon, Sep 07, 2009 at 08:44:08PM -0700, Jim Busser wrote:
> Well, while using plain gnumed/ avoids answering the question,

Well, the question which package might have installed what file is
usually answered by

    dpkg -S <filename>

> it is
> likewise avoided by doing as follows:
>
> - if it is the server package that is copying gnumed-backup.conf then
> put it in
>
>       /etc/gnumed-server/
>
> and if it is the client package/installer let it put it in
>
>       /etc/gnumed-client/
>
> what could be simpler than that?

$ dpkg -S /etc/gnumed/gnumed-backup.conf
gnumed-server: /etc/gnumed/gnumed-backup.conf

> If plain gnumed continues to make sense for established packagers then I
> feel no need to push this but only pointed out the above simplicity as an
> additional consideration if reasons to reconsider would be renewed.

In principle it is a matter of taste.  Mit the single /etc/gnumed
fits my taste much better.

Kind regards

       Andreas.

--