Re: [Gnumed-devel] re Medication List template

From: Jim Busser
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] re Medication List template
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 2009 08:31:12 -0800

On 2009-12-16, at 6:40 AM, Karsten Hilbert wrote:

> Which one shall it be for 0.6 default ?

This can only be answered by first answering a different question: that of
priority of purpose.

I could get by with any default, so if it matters to Verbus' group, I would
happily go with that, e.g. if the US specifications depend on a functionality
that is among the options. Otherwise, if we would consider who would most
benefit from a list that is not otherwise easily available, I would say the
patient, and among those, in answer to

        what might a patient most benefit from?

I would say something that helps their adherence to proper use. That would mean
drugs-by-time but if I understand it correctly this would cause many single
drugs to appear more than once, in the case of any to be taken more than once
daily. If this would be complex, or delay release of 0.6, I would go by

        drugs-by-episode

and I would try out the column sequence (except only I don't know if it will be
too wide)

        episode, started, brand (may be null), drug, strength, type, regimen

... if the above does not fit across an A4 page, maybe omit "started" and if it
does still not fit I will have to scratch my head because I really don't like
landscape for something that needs to be looked at from a bound chart!