Re: [Gnumed-devel] re Medication List template

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] re Medication List template
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 2009 20:41:39 +0100

On Wed, Dec 16, 2009 at 08:31:12AM -0800, Jim Busser wrote:

> > Which one shall it be for 0.6 default ?
>
> This can only be answered by first answering a different question: that of
> priority of purpose.

Only partially. What I would like to answer is: which way do
we want the medication template to be formatted that comes
with GNUmed by default.

The local user can modify their template any way they see
fit (within the contraints of the implementation, which is
probably what you are alluding to).

> I could get by with any default, so if it matters to
> Verbus' group, I would happily go with that, e.g. if the US
> specifications depend on a functionality that is among the
> options.

Input from Rogerio (and other users) would be helpul, too.

> Otherwise, if we would consider who would most
> benefit from a list that is not otherwise easily available,
> I would say the patient, and among those, in answer to what
> might a patient most benefit from?

I fully agree with that priorisation.

> I would say something that helps their adherence to proper
> use. That would mean drugs-by-time but if I understand it
> correctly this would cause many single drugs to appear more
> than once, in the case of any to be taken more than once
> daily.

Which is the intent !

I am attaching the current PDF and TeX.

Karsten
--
GPG key ID E4071346 @ wwwkeys.pgp.net
E167 67FD A291 2BEA 73BD  4537 78B9 A9F9 E407 1346