Re: [Gnumed-devel] re Medication List template

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] re Medication List template
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 2009 21:26:11 +0100

On Tue, Dec 15, 2009 at 01:24:52PM -0800, Jim Busser wrote:

> Design considerations:
> ==================
> - consistency across forms
> - paper size dimensions vary, therefore design for the shorter:
>       A4 is 210 × 297mm       8.3 × 11.7inches
>       Letter is 8.5 × 11inches        216 × 279mm
> - printed paper may benefit from a left margin (binders, binding)

Sounds good to me. LaTeX readily offers that.

> Rules of thumb (general)
> ====================
> (therefore defaults to)
> - accomodate 210 x 279mm (8.3 x 11 inches)
> - left margin of 25mm or (nearly exactly) one inch

Agreed.

> also propose all forms should:
> - identify the source GNUmed form
> - identify datetime printed
> - if feasible, supply date-time when data last altered (either overall, or
> per-item)

Would have to be per-item for medication lists but does IMO
not have any real value.

> - preferably default to portrait except when the case is accepted for
> landscape
> - include standard patient identification
> - clearly distinguish non-patient (e.g. doctor name, phone, address) info
> - include labels to assist visual location of info on the page (Address, Home
> phone, Mobile)
>
> For medication lists:
> - default to portrait

Agreed.

> next line, centred: as last altered <datetime>

This doesn't really make sense for the med list IMO.

> PhoneChannel1Name:<tab>
> PhoneChannel2Name:<tab>
> PhoneChannel3Name:<tab>

> # surgery contact information
> # could instead go in footer, but would here save space
> indent 105mm (margin 25mm + additional 80mm)
> (this positions the following text to begin at page centre)
> (maybe visually better to be shift another 20mm to right)
> (? do we even have Praxis info defined in the backend?)

No we don't. This is part of what David would work towards
if he choses to work on the social web.

Karsten
--
GPG key ID E4071346 @ wwwkeys.pgp.net
E167 67FD A291 2BEA 73BD  4537 78B9 A9F9 E407 1346