LaTex was Re: [Gnumed-devel] re Medication List template

From: Jim Busser
Subject: LaTex was Re: [Gnumed-devel] re Medication List template
Date: Tue, 29 Dec 2009 12:02:29 -0800

On 2009-12-21, at 8:35 AM, Karsten Hilbert wrote:

> Even my rather limited TeX skills let me come up with the
> attached.
>
> A drawback is that there will be a blank part-of-line per
> drug if there are no notes for that drug.

In looking into the pdflatex command, I came up with some links...

LaTeX to PDF
        http://mintaka.sdsu.edu/GF/bibliog/latex/LaTeXtoPDF.html

A guide to generate PDF files with all fonts embedded using pdflatex
        http://do.whileloop.org/soft/tricks/pdflatex-fonts.php

Word wrap in tables for LaTex
        (you use a "+" in the column formatting line e.g. ... | ---------+ |  )

http://groups.google.com/group/multimarkdown/browse_thread/thread/484a04ff34397f18#

and, while I am presently using a debian VM on my Mac, I may later like to use
a Mac natively. I am wondering whether, as before, things like texlive-base may
need to be added to the all-in-one binary or installed via MacPorts. The
following links may be extraneous to gnumed:

(On Mac, people trying to use r)
        you need to identify where your pdflatex is, and add it to your PATH
variable (eg., in your ~/.profile)
        https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/r-sig-mac/2007-July/004009.html

(On Mac, people trying to use emacs)
        [emacs needs] creation of /Users/someusername/.MacOSX/environment.plist
with particular content:

http://newsgroups.derkeiler.com/Archive/Comp/comp.text.tex/2009-12/msg00193.html