Re: [Gnumed-devel] medication printout

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] medication printout
Date: Tue, 29 Dec 2009 17:43:47 +0100

> On my somewhat dated notebook printing is sufficiently fast.

Even on my quite dated one it is...

> The first show stopper was that I did not place gm-print_doc.sh in the
> path.

gm-print_doc (no .sh)

> I placed it in /usr/local/bin or to be more precise I placed a symlink
> there
> so when it gets updates in the cvs it will automatically be updated in
> /usr/local/bin.
>
> However to make sure it is in the right place is the job of the packager
> for each distribution.

Courtesy of it being searched for in PATH it can easily be overriden
by users to point to a user-local version in, say, ~/bin/

> A bug remains:

> ! Extra }, or forgotten $.
> address@hidden ...rut \strutbox address@hidden }
>
> l.33 ...on\_list\_template.tex \$Revision: 1.2 $ }
>
> ! Missing $ inserted.
> <inserted text>
>                 $
> l.34

> <*> ...te-VXpARh/gm-L-Template-VXpARh-instance.tex
>
> !  ==> Fatal error occurred, no output PDF file produced!
> Transcript written on gm-L-Template-VXpARh-instance.log.

Strangely enough, this works for me just fine. Please retry with
the latest CVS and with the database also built from the
latest CVS. If you can make it fail please tell me how. Or
mail me the exact template file that fails.

This is, BTW, a bug in the TeX code of the template, not
a bug in GNUmed as such.

Post-rc3 checks for this (or rather, the result of it, namely, TeX
failing).

Karsten

--
Preisknaller: GMX DSL Flatrate für nur 16,99 Euro/mtl.!
http://portal.gmx.net/de/go/dsl01