[Gnumed-devel] again, trouble applying a bootstrap upgrade (from cvs)

From: James Busser
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] again, trouble applying a bootstrap upgrade (from cvs)
Date: Wed, 30 Dec 2009 11:47:27 -0800

ok... I have re-downloaded cvs and I have had the following problem before, but
never became fully clear as to its resolution. It is the problem of

        ImportError: No module named Gnumed.pycommon

In doing a file search on my Debian file system, filename matches on "pycommon"
exist under

        .../client/

and under

        /var/lib/gnumed/server/pycommon

however if I try instead running upgrade-db.sh from within the above directory,
the script cannot see the conf files in the bootstrap directory.

Following was my terminal output. (I had first tried with sudo, but even as su
root the following failed)"

*************************************

debian:/home/jbusser/gmcvs/gnumed/gnumed/server/bootstrap# sh upgrade-db.sh 11
12

Upgrading GNUmed database.

This will *non-destructively* create a new GNUmed database
of version v12 from an existing v11 database.
Existing data is transferred and transformed as necessary.

This script usually needs to be run as <root>. Also,
the database "gnumed_v11" must not be used by
other users.

The name of the new database will be "gnumed_v12".

1) creating backup of existing database ...
Note that this may take a substantial amount of time and disk space!
You may need to type in the password for gm-dbo.
Password:

2) upgrading to new database ...
Adjusting PYTHONPATH ...
Please make sure the GNUmed Python modules are in the Python path !
Traceback (most recent call last):
 File "./bootstrap_gm_db_system.py", line 67, in <module>
   from Gnumed.pycommon import gmLog2
ImportError: No module named Gnumed.pycommon
Upgrading "gnumed_v11" to "gnumed_v12" did not finish successfully.
debian:/home/jbusser/gmcvs/gnumed/gnumed/server/bootstrap#