Re: [Gnumed-devel] Gnumed's design suitable for complex encounter requir

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Gnumed's design suitable for complex encounter requirements
Date: Thu, 31 Dec 2009 18:00:44 +0100

> On Thu, 31 Dec 2009, Karsten Hilbert wrote:
> > Maybe I am not a typical user but I regularly work with up
> > to 4 instances of the PMS at my place of work. It doesn't
> > seem to cause any trouble. Very occasionally a form is
> > generated for the wrong person. Within those cases very
> > rarely this is not detected right away by either patient or
> > front desk staff. However, the possibility for error does
> > exist.
> >
> I am capable of putting the observations in the wrong person's file.

I have surely done so before, too.

Also, as doctors, we know that we shouldn't be drawing too many conclusions
in either direction from case studies (as Jim recently pointed out).

Anyone see a chance of setting up a GNUmed RCT ? How would we go about
blinding providers as to what they are using ?   ;-)

> If two persons are in the room I will often have both "files" open

Oh, OK, "two persons in the room" - I rarely have that situation. It does
occur but not very often.

Karsten