gnuspeech-contact

Re: [gnuspeech-contact] status on gnuspeech work

From: eric . zoerner
Subject: Re: [gnuspeech-contact] status on gnuspeech work
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2006 18:25:57 -0700

Only because it was your suggestion, David, unless I misunderstood an earlier discussion about this. I was originally going to just add X-SAMPA and keep the Trillium and Webster notations there for backward compatibility, but I thought you suggested just getting rid of them.

I'm happy to keep them, but they would only be options when working with English. I would suggest, however, that the tools eventually transition to using either IPA  or X-SAMPA  internally as the canonical form since they are language independent.

Eric