gnuspeech-contact

[gnuspeech-contact] Quickstart for the latest Gnuspeech?

From: Advrk Aplmrkt
Subject: [gnuspeech-contact] Quickstart for the latest Gnuspeech?
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2015 13:58:49 +0100

Hello,

I just read about the latest release of Gnuspeech, and am eager to
take it for a spin. I'm not a speech synthesis researcher, I just like
to easily do text to speech with Free Software.

I found the Gnuspeech Monet Manual 0.9 and the Gnuspeech TRAcT Manual
0.9, but they look very dense and technical. I've got gnuspeech-sa
compiled and installed on my Fedora Linux system, but I have no idea
how to run it by feeding it either a .txt file or just direct input of
text from the command line. It seems to ask for some sort of
configuration file?

What should I do to just get it to start speaking text? Is there a
quickstart guide or tutorial? Or maybe some preset "voices" I can pick
from? Thanks!!