UserDefaults for -back

From: Chris B. Vetter
Subject: UserDefaults for -back
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2003 15:29:22 -0700

Hi,

I'm trying to figure out the difference between GSAppOwnsMiniwindow and
UseWindowMakerIcons.

>From looking at their description in DefaultsSummary.html, it seems like
they essentially do the same - that is, let the window manager have it's
way.

However, I've been checking with about 15 different WMs and various
combinations of both defaults and it looks like their setting is
ignored. No matter what, the appicon is always created and put at the
lower left corner, even if the WM doesn't even offer iconification, or
is, one way or the other, capable of managing icons in a similar way as
WMaker does, like Afterstep and Afterstep Classic.

So, I guess the question is, what is the difference between those two,
and what is their purpose?

--
Chris