Timers and view redrawing

From: cehardin
Subject: Timers and view redrawing
Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2003 17:26:50 -1000

In GSDock, I have a timer which configures how to display something (an animation). The timer works great, it fires the method I asked it to. However, when I make the call to setNeedsDisplay:YES at the end of the firing, the NSView never gets the message to redraw. I have tried various workarounds such as asking the window itself to -display and/or -flush, but still nothing.

The only time the NSView will actually draw and update the animation itself is if I click in it.

Note that it works perfectly in Cocoa.

Is this a known bug? Any workarounds besides the aforementioned ones I attempted?

Thanks,

Chad