gnutls-devel

Re: ABI breakage in 2.10.4 --> 2.11.6?

From: Werner Koch
Subject: Re: ABI breakage in 2.10.4 --> 2.11.6?
Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2011 10:38:24 +0100

On Sat, 19 Feb 2011 10:14, address@hidden said:

> That's a nice question. This API is mostly interesting to people
> who are porting gnutls to another crypto library. We might

An API is an API, is an API.  You need to make clear which functions are
part of the API and which are not.  The usual way to do this in GNU and
most other FS programs is to either prefix the names with an underscore
or have somthing like "_private_" as part of the function name.

Shalom-Salam,

   Werner