RE: [Gomp-discuss] Plan ... coments wanted !

From: Scott Robert Ladd
Subject: RE: [Gomp-discuss] Plan ... coments wanted !
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 15:59:59 -0500

Hi,

A good start...

Are we assuming that any OpenMP implementation is language-neutral? In other
words, the front end (be it Fortran or C or C++) will produce common
primitives for the "middle end" and back end?

>     5. Keep the threading model and implementation ( which lib a.s.o. )
> confined to as late in the code generating phase as possible.

Good point -- and we should also consider that we might want to allow
different threading models, even on the same architecture. By asbtracting
the thread model, could we defer the choice of model until the back end /
link stage?

I'm just rambling thoughts here...

--
Scott Robert Ladd
Professional programming for science and engineering;