Re: [Gomp-discuss] Somethings to think about ....

From: Lars Segerlund
Subject: Re: [Gomp-discuss] Somethings to think about ....
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2003 16:03:01 +0100

 The lib it is then.

 / Lars.

Biagio Lucini wrote:
On Mon, 10 Mar 2003, Lars Segerlund wrote:
[snip]

Though Linux is the most probable host where people may want to run these
things, we don't want to target just Linux, do we? I think we should stick
with the POSIX compliance (or larger, if somebody has some idea) of gcc.

I didn't mean linux specific, but if hardware support or OS support is present it might make a big difference when it comes to overhead, and thus it would be nice if we tried to make it easy to allow modification of the library to support hardware dependent features. Look at the support for the C runtime lib, ( builtins ? ), this would be the fastest.

 Still the first thing to do is to get openMP running with a threading
library, and perhaps ( if smp safe ) a semaphore library.

[snip] ( I agree with the rest ).

Cheers
Biagio