Re: [Gomp-discuss] CIL representation ...

From: Lars Segerlund
Subject: Re: [Gomp-discuss] CIL representation ...
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2003 15:50:19 +0100

Since you seem to be the one with the most experience in parallel compiler ( practical ), I thought it would be apropriate to ask your opinion on this matter.

On the list we decided to try to make the internal representation independent of the memory or parallel model ( or atleast capable of representing different ones ), ( a cople of days ago ).

And with this in mind, do you think that a representation such as CIL is able to cover these cases ? My objection is how to construct the necessary graphs since the control parallism is available through mechanisms ( locks, mutexes, restrictions ) instead of symbolic form ( graph ).

 /Lars