Re: [Gomp-discuss] Somethings to think about ....

From: Biagio Lucini
Subject: Re: [Gomp-discuss] Somethings to think about ....
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2003 15:27:56 +0000 (GMT)

On Mon, 10 Mar 2003, Lars Segerlund wrote:

>   Perhaps we should need a set of guidelines as to what we want in the
> frontend, middle end, backend ? We seem to be diverging into different
> sets of requirements for these, frontend->openMP compliant,
> middle-end->totally generall, backend->libgomp/thread compliant.

Something like that would be great, though we probably have already
concluded that the parallel stuff should not propagate beyond the middle
end. I think that the best thing to do would be to summarise our
discussions in an "official" document, that should serve as a starting
point for a design. This document does not need to be rigid, we can change
it as we discover new things. But at some point some written thing must
appear (bureaucracy, always bureaucracy :-))

I'm afraid I don't have the technical knowledge to do that, otherwise it
would have volunteered to write it.

Cheers
Biagio