Re: [Gomp-discuss] Getting Back on Track

From: Biagio Lucini
Subject: Re: [Gomp-discuss] Getting Back on Track
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2004 19:21:17 +0100 (CET)

On Fri, 19 Mar 2004, Scott Robert Ladd wrote:

> Hi, all.
>
> Several events have pointedly reminded me that GCC needs OpenMP. I'd
> like to see if we can get GOMP moving again. I realize we're all busy,
> and that none of us has funding for this project; I'm just hoping to
> make a bit of progress, with the intent of finding, I hope, some support
> for our work.

Hi Scott - Your offer is great. I would like to add that the ones of us
who are in Europe could apply for fundings (to sponsor ourselves or to
hire experienced contractors) to the EU within FP6. We should form for
that an official team and write a project. The obvious question is: apart
from me, who else qualify? Accademic or industry should not matter,
provided that we are based in a member or associated country.

Cheers
Biagio

Biagio Lucini
Institut Fuer Theoretische Physik