gotmail-list

[gotmail] Re: Gotmail-list Digest, Vol 18, Issue 2

From: Mark Shuford
Subject: [gotmail] Re: Gotmail-list Digest, Vol 18, Issue 2
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2005 14:08:52 -0400 (EDT)

Uhhh.... Yes, open to read. Not necessarily open to post to. Joining the
list was no hard work. And if it's members only then a member can be
kicked out if they SPAM.

"But I don't _like_ SPAM..."

I get this as a digest. The suggestion to SPAM filter would knock out my
one and only gotmail message of the day. Yeah, I could white-list it...
but this wouldn't keep it from being full of SPAM.

And SPAM filters are not the very best way to handle some stuff. The cost
of the SPAM is still upon the receiver... doubly so as you're paying both
for the band-width the suckers use as well as the cost of maintaining the
SPAM filter SW.

Not that there is a really good solution... the law doesn't allow us to
__kill all the SPAMers__!!

thnx,
mds

...> ------------------------------

> Message: 4
> Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2005 15:43:13 +0800
> From: James Lick <address@hidden>
> Subject: [gotmail] spam/phishing on gotmail list
> To: address@hidden
>
> Could the list owner please make this list subscriber-post-only?  The
> amount of spam/phishing sent through this list is getting annoying.
>
> --
> James Lick -- 黎建溥 -- address@hidden -- http://jameslick.com/
>

> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 5
> Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2005 09:01:26 -0700
> From: Tom Duffy <address@hidden>
> Subject: Re: [gotmail] spam/phishing on gotmail list
> To: address@hidden
>
> On Sun, 2005-06-12 at 15:43 +0800, James Lick wrote:
>> Could the list owner please make this list subscriber-post-only?  The
>> amount of spam/phishing sent through this list is getting annoying.
>
> I disagree.  Lists should be open.
>
> Get a spam filter.
>
> -tduffy

Mark Shuford

What's so hard about: 'Whisky, _straight_! Soda on the side -- no ice.'