gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] Pre-release heads-up

From: Hal Murray
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] Pre-release heads-up
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2014 18:01:25 -0700

address@hidden said:
> Probably not your issue, but I have found that scons reads stdin, and that
> if you so
>   scons check &> OUT.00.check
> that scons will hang until it is briefly foregrounded.

Thanks.

I'm doing scons check |& check-0.log
It works fine.  (and on other systems)

> But esr's suggestion that pty code may be to blame seems sensible.  It would
> help if you could post where the hang happens, and how repeatable it is.

I haven't figured out how to tickle it yet.  So far, only 2 examples.  Both
when I restarted ntpd from another window.  I didn't pay any attention to
what the gpsd window was doing.

I've also seen one example of scons check getting errors.  That's what
generated my initial message.  But no problems since then.

--
These are my opinions.  I hate spam.