gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] [gpsd-users] 1PPS on the Pi - let's pool our knowledge.

From: Jon Brase
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] [gpsd-users] 1PPS on the Pi - let's pool our knowledge.
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2016 21:30:04 -0500

Gary,

Turns out I got my Adafruit products mixed up. I have the Adafruit GPS breakout,  not the hat. I thought I had the hat. I'm pretty sure the silicon is all the same, but I had to get a header soldered on and jumper everything up myself. I would have gotten the hat, but I either didn't realize it existed or mistook the one I bought for it (it was months between when I bought everything and actually had time to set it all up,  so I've forgotten exactly why I bought the breakout). I might also have been more certain that the breakout chip was compatible with the instructions I was finding than I was about the hat.

Actually,  what I'd have prefered to either would be the GPS breakout with a presoldered header that I could jumper to the Pi myself.

Jon Brase