gpsd-users

Re: [gpsd-users] Getting Started

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: [gpsd-users] Getting Started
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2015 09:13:38 -0700

Yo Ashraf!

On Fri, 12 Jun 2015 08:25:28 -0400
Ashraf Younis <address@hidden> wrote:

> Well that will do it. I didn't know there was one.
> I open the file and I'm stuck in step one, when it says to use 'stty
> -F /dev/ttyXXX ispeed 4800 && cat </dev/ttyXXX' which directory
> should I use the command with?

Your current dicetory does not matter.

> My device uses the ttyAMC0 port but when I run it a
> the /home/*username* directory, its says no such file or directory
> and when I run it a the "/" directory(I used cd .. twice from the
> former directory) it says the same thing.

Something else going on.  Your current directory does not matter.

The file does need to exist and you do need to be root.

Are your sure /dev/ttyAMC0 is right?  Are you sure it is not /dev/ttyACM0?

Just ls the /dev/directory and see.

> On Thu, Jun 11, 2015 at 11:09 PM, Gary E. Miller <address@hidden>
> wrote:
>
> > Yo Ashraf!
> >
> > On Thu, 11 Jun 2015 11:20:03 -0400
> > Ashraf Younis <address@hidden> wrote:
> >
> > > Hello, I am admittedly new at this system and I have a u-blox 5
> > > connected to my computer. I am simply trying to start the
> > > application so that I can record my location. How do I do this?
> >
> > Have you read the gpsd INSTALL file?
> >
> > RGDS
> > GARY
> > Gary E. Miller Rellim 109 NW Wilmington Ave., Suite E, Bend, OR
> > 97701 address@hidden  Tel:+1(541)382-8588

RGDS
GARY
        address@hidden  Tel:+1(541)382-8588