gpsd-users

Re: [gpsd-users] Issue with Rasbian Jessie

From: David J Taylor
Subject: Re: [gpsd-users] Issue with Rasbian Jessie
Date: Sat, 5 Mar 2016 08:53:21 -0000

From: Gary E. Miller

I find that no distro gets gpsd auto-start correctly.

I always just put the gpsd start in something like /etc/init.d/local
[]
RGDS
GARY
=================================

Gary,

This sounds like an excellent idea, but I'm too much of a Linux novice to know exactly how to do this. I do have a /etc/init.d/ directory, but nothing in there "local". There is already a file:

 /etc/init.d/gpsd

which looks like a script to start the gpsd server, together with a whole bunch of similar files. Are you suggesting adding a new file (or directory) and, if so, what should be the contents?

One other possibility which occurs to me is that gpsd /is/ starting, but failing. If so, where would I look for error messages? dmegs | grep gps shows nothing.

Thanks,
David
Web: http://www.satsignal.eu
Email: address@hidden