gpsd-users

Re: [gpsd-users] Issue with Rasbian Jessie

From: David J Taylor
Subject: Re: [gpsd-users] Issue with Rasbian Jessie
Date: Sun, 6 Mar 2016 09:20:44 -0000

From: Jon Brase

I ran into similar issues and flailed around for a bit trying various
things I found through Google searches, but don't quite remember
everything I did. The thing that eventually got things working mostly
properly was:

systemctl link /etc/systemd/system/gpsd.service

After that, GSPD was started properly with the correct command line by
systemd (though it seems to ignore the -S parameter when started that way
and always use the default port, even though ps -Af shows the correct
command line).

Jon Brase

Jon,

I did find a command which worked:

sudo ln -s /lib/systemd/system/gpsd.service /etc/systemd/system/multi-user.target.wants/

Thanks again for your input.

Cheers,
David
Web: http://www.satsignal.eu