gpsd-users

Re: [gpsd-users] [gpsd-dev] Baud barf problem on Pi3 SOLVED

From: David J Taylor
Subject: Re: [gpsd-users] [gpsd-dev] Baud barf problem on Pi3 SOLVED
Date: Wed, 4 May 2016 10:23:40 +0100

From: Hal Murray

address@hidden said:
So far you did not even say which problem you have with systemd.
There are credible reports that it hogs the processor on a Pi. This is bad
when you are trying for minimum, controlled latency.

The Pi-2 and Pi-3 have 4 CPUs.  It would be interesting to see if you can
measure any quirks.

Just checked on one of my RPi running Jessie and there's no sign of systemd hogging the processor, so it makes me wonder what people who are seeing this are doing.

David
Web: http://www.satsignal.eu
Email: address@hidden
Twitter: @gm8arv