gpsd-users

Re: [gpsd-users] In which GR-601 does not equal GR-601W

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: [gpsd-users] In which GR-601 does not equal GR-601W
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2016 17:28:18 -0700

Yo Phil!

On Wed, 27 Jul 2016 20:13:31 -0400
Phil Stracchino <address@hidden> wrote:

> And FINALLY I have PPS reaching ntpd.  :)

Great!

> I should only ever have to apply a time1 fudge on NTP0 (GPS), right,
> never on NTP1 (PPS)?

Pretty much. ntpd may incorrectly lock on to SHM(0) at startup and if
the time1 is not right your clock will jump badly to SHM(0), then badly
back to SHM(1).

If you are a real geek, and you have twp PPS sources, you may want to
use time1 to get them to be the same.  Otherwise you have no way to know
fudge, and it is really small if you can.

RGDS
GARY
        address@hidden  Tel:+1 541 382 8588