gpsd-users

Re: [gpsd-users] No TPV messages after loss of fix

From: john smith
Subject: Re: [gpsd-users] No TPV messages after loss of fix
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2016 11:26:32 -0500

Gary,

> And gpsd ignores the PVT messsages when the GPS has lost fix.  Better
> to do that than report bad PVT.

I would agree it would be incorrect to report bad PVT.  However, I'm expecting gpsd to still report TPV JSON messages with mode == 1 (no fix) and blank fields for time, position, and velocity.

I'm getting hung up on the fact that gpsd reported TPV messages with a mode == 1 (no fix) on a cold boot but did not continue reporting those same messages on loss of fix.  This behavior seems inconsistent to me.

JS

On Mon, Nov 28, 2016 at 7:28 PM, Gary E. Miller <address@hidden> wrote:
Yo john!

On Sun, 27 Nov 2016 21:36:34 -0500
john smith <address@hidden> wrote:

>   Thanks for the reply.  As far as I can tell, the GPS device
> continues to send messages after loss of fix.

And gpsd ignores the PVT messsages when the GPS has lost fix.  Better
to do that than report bad PVT.

RGDS
GARY
        address@hidden  Tel:+1 541 382 8588