gpsd-users

[gpsd-users] GPSD SOCK output without PPS

From: Zach LaCelle
Subject: [gpsd-users] GPSD SOCK output without PPS
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2018 11:00:48 -0400

I'm testing out a u-blox EVK-7P, and would like to get the gpsd->chrony pipeline working well on the bench before building out the system. I have the SHM interface working for normal, rough synchronization, but I'd eventually like to wire in and use the PPS output.

I understand that the PPS source won't work until I do, but I was hoping to test out the SOCK interaction, even without the PPS accuracy wired in. However, I don't receive any messages over the socket connection.

I used strace to look for send.* = (32|40)$ messages out of GPSD, and I don't see any. But, when I run it with debugging flags, I do see a line saying "PPS:/dev/ublox using chrony socket: /var/run/chrony.ublox.sock"

Is this something I can use without PPS wired in?

-Zach