gpsd-users

[gpsd-users] SHM number changing on reconnect

From: Zach LaCelle
Subject: [gpsd-users] SHM number changing on reconnect
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2018 11:21:10 -0400

I have a GPS receiver connected over USB that, when GPSD boots, has the SHM timing interface as 0 (ntpshmmon puts out NTP0 as the source). However, when I unplug and replug the device, Iget SHM 2 (ntpshmmon puts out NTP2). All future replugs are at NTP2.

How can I get GPSD to stay consistent with the SHM it writes to? I only have one receiver attached.