Re: [Groff] multiple EPS images placed on a page

From: Joachim Walsdorff
Subject: Re: [Groff] multiple EPS images placed on a page
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2006 11:41:32 +0100

If you have only one large page then HDtbl doesn't add header/footerlines, because pageheaders appear only beginning with the second page and pagefooterlines don't appear on the last page. So if You have changed the groff pagelength to 335c, for raw groff with `.pl 335c', or for macropackages possibly by setting appropriate registers or strings, and also for grops the papersize to a0, You will get one a0-page without header/footerlines on which You can place arbitrary HDtbl-tables.

Werner LEMBERG schrieb:
I had to "hack" the 1.19.3 release by commenting out the
'texinof/makeinfo' portions of 2 makefiles.

Since a `real' tarball comes with info files, this isn't a problem in
the normal case.

  .po    1c
  .nr PO \n[.o]
  .ll    335c
  .nr LL \n[.l]
  .nr pl 335c
  .TBL cols=9 cpd=0 csp=0 width='8.0c'

All images appear, but across 2 pages, with some extra text saying
something like "arbitrary text for the page footer, except for the last
page   N", where 'N' is is the page number.  This appears near the 11 inch
mark on each page.

Yeah, I'm not yet finished in updating the documentation and
integrating the macros into the groff framework.  Currently, hdtbl
plants two traps, HM and BM, which you have to deactivate before
changing the line length:

  .wh 0
  .wh -1i

This will go away eventually.