Re: enhancement requests ("load-ignoring-cached-go")

From: Wolfgang J Moeller
Subject: Re: enhancement requests ("load-ignoring-cached-go")
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2011 17:56:44 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 21 Apr 2011, Andy Wingo wrote:

>[...]
> > In my browser, searching the Guile Reference Manual
> > ( http://www.gnu.org/software/guile/manual) Indices
> > for GUILE_LOAD_COMPILED_PATH ... no hits ...
>
> An open bug, yes; hrm.  Adding Mark Harig to the Cc, who had a plan for
> fixing this.

No, that wasn't intended as a bug report, but if you say so ... ;-)

> > looking up LOAD ...
> > incidentally noting that there's PRIMITIVE-LOAD
>[...]
> Heh.  Well, primitive-load is a load that doesn't autocompile, doesn't
> load .go files, and doesn't run within a module excursion.  The
> %load-hook business is another bug, reported recently:
> http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.lisp.guile.devel/12259, but not yet
> resolved.  I'll see about fixing this shortly.

Ok, you fix the docu of LOAD (which doesn't say that .go files
are preferred over source), and I'll gladly use PRIMITIVE-LOAD
for my environment-dependent test programs. No more questions! ;-)

> BTW, I see you are still on 2.0.0.  How about beta testing one of these:
>
>   http://hydra.nixos.org/job/gnu/guile-2-0/tarball/latest
>
> 2.0.1 will come out shortly, but it would be good if you could report
> bugs on the snapshots.

Maybe ... actually I'm more concerned now with better integrating
'psyntax' [7.3] into "my" Scheme. 'define-syntax defmacro' ala GUILE
seems to be working, but got to be exercised ... btw., in R6RS and
this latest "pre-R6RS" 'psyntax', the first argument to datum->syntax
must be an identifier, not an arbitrary syntax form. Permitting
the latter in the old 'psyntax' might have been a mistake ...
I've still got to read up some more, and think of a test.

Cheers & happy Easter,

Wolfgang J. Moeller, Tel. +49 551 47361, wjm<AT>heenes.com
37085 Goettingen, Germany | Disclaimer: No claim intended!
http://www.wjmoeller.de/ -+-------- http://www.heenes.com/