Re: enhancement requests ("load-ignoring-cached-go")

From: Mark Harig
Subject: Re: enhancement requests ("load-ignoring-cached-go")
Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2011 15:17:43 -0400

On Thu 21 Apr 2011 12:21, Wolfgang J Moeller <address@hidden> writes:

> In my browser, searching the Guile Reference Manual
> ( http://www.gnu.org/software/guile/manual) Indices
> for GUILE_LOAD_COMPILED_PATH ... no hits ...

An open bug, yes; hrm. Adding Mark Harig to the Cc, who had a plan
for
fixing this.

In brief, the plan was to reorganize the sections in the chapter
"Programming in Scheme" to add a new section, "Invoking Guile", with
two new subsections, "Command-line Options" and "Environment
Variables."  The subsection "Command-line Options" is a copy of the
former subsection "Invoking Guile", which resided in the section
"Guile Scripting."  The subsection "Environment Variables" is a new
node that contains descriptions of the (as yet undocumented)
environment variables that can be set before Guile is started.

Here is an outline of the change in the chapter structure:

1. Current structure:

 Chapter: Programming in Scheme
   * Guile Scheme
   * Guile Scripting
     * The Top of a Script File
     * Invoking Guile
     * The Meta Switch
     * Command Line Handling
     * Scripting Examples
   * Using Guile Interactively
   * Using Guile in Emacs

2. New structure:

 Chapter: Programming in Scheme
   * Guile Scheme
   * Invoking Guile
     * Command-line Options
     * Environment Variables
   * Guile Scripting
     * The Top of a Script File
     * The Meta Switch
     * Command Line Handling
     * Scripting Examples
   * Using Guile Interactively
   * Using Guile in Emacs

I will send the proposed patches in a separate message.