Re: platform-2.7.94, photoblogger

From: Andy Wingo
Subject: Re: platform-2.7.94, photoblogger
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2004 20:31:52 +0200

Hi Greg,

On Thu, 2004-11-11 at 09:18 -0500, Greg Troxel wrote:
> I tried photoblogger 0.3

Cool!

> It tried to load /data/photoblogger.glade, and failed.  I edited
> config.scm to remove the first /, and then it got further.  I think
> the problem is in using the readlink command

Yes, readlink again. It's in GNU coreutils, and standards aren't
mentioned in the man page. I think that `cd $dir && pwd` is just the
same though, so I replaced it like in platform-2.7.96.

> Then, I got a slot error, so I ran (nice to be able to compose these
> scripts!):
>
>  ./dev-environ guile-gnome-0
>
> enabled backtraces, and then:
>
> guile> (load "photoblogger.scm")

Hm, you can't run it like that because it uses :keywords and not
#:keywords. The main photoblogger script will set the read option so
that it works. Check your $bindir for `photoblogger'. Otherwise, I guess
you can (load "$bindir/photoblogger").

Note that running the main script with an option --debug will not only
pop up the app, but drop you into a repl as well.

Thanks for the feedback!
--
Andy Wingo <address@hidden>
http://ambient.2y.net/wingo/