Re: guile-gnome-platform 2.15.91 released

From: Andy Wingo
Subject: Re: guile-gnome-platform 2.15.91 released
Date: Fri, 11 May 2007 17:23:21 +0200

Hi Greg,

On Fri, 2007-05-11 at 09:45 -0400, Greg Troxel wrote:
> [U]ntil [g-wrap] is released, I can't even start to think about updating
> pkgsrc to use the new guile-gnome-platform.

Sour grapes! AFAIU Andreas will have a 1.9.8 out any day now :)

>   This is too bad, because
> the old version doesn't build anymore (due to gnome header drift, I
> think, but I decided not to spend time worrying about it, hoping for
> new releases).

There is no reason for this to necessarily be the case; gnome libraries
are stable.

I believe that some old releases I made had GTK_DISABLE_DEPRECATED and
friends defined, which was a mistake, because it causes problems like
this one. Hopefully you will be able to upgrade soon and this problem
won't happen to you again.

Cheers,

Andy.
--