Re: guile-gnome: glade with GnomeApp works?

From: Andy Wingo
Subject: Re: guile-gnome: glade with GnomeApp works?
Date: Sat, 19 May 2007 00:17:05 +0200

Hi Ariel,

[re-arranging to avoid topposting]

On Sun, 2007-05-06 at 21:22 -0500, Ariel Rios wrote:
> On 5/6/07, Andy Wingo <address@hidden> wrote:
> > On Thu, 2004-12-30 at 16:26 -0500, Greg Troxel wrote:
> > > So is using GnomeApp and BonoboDock supported?
> >
> > Better off avoiding Bonobo and GnomeApp.
>
> Interesting enough in 2007 Bonobo is still in use and I work with it
> everyday and I don't think it will go anytime soon.

Thanks for the note that you are using this; I suspect it is not very
common, but our user base is small, so you are a large proportion. Fear
not, we won't be throwing away anything we have. It costs little to
maintain a wrapper to a stable library.

That said, upstream is looking to deprecate these and other modules:

  http://live.gnome.org/LibgnomeMustDie
  http://live.gnome.org/TwoPointNineteen/Platform (see the bottom, about
"upcoming deprecations"; those modules have been listed even since
TwoPointThirteen/Platform, with the addition of gnome-vfs-monikers)

Regards,

Andy.
--
http://wingolog.org/