Re: guile-gnome bits

From: Kevin Ryde
Subject: Re: guile-gnome bits
Date: Sat, 19 May 2007 09:04:45 +1000

Andy Wingo <address@hidden> writes:

> Perhaps you are just irritated that guile-gnome started after GtkCList
> had been deprecated and so I didn't wrap it ;)

Maybe, I suppose I'll have that pleasure in the future.  GtkCList has
kept working nicely.  (And even GtkTree, if you can avoid the bugs.)

Actually it was that I can't really understand why gnome bits have to be
moved into gtk and renamed.  If the whole of libgnome is going to be
subsumed then why not just use it from there as it stands?

(But my number 1 current annoyance is cairo.  A great way to slow down
text drawing and break anything but 32-bit true-colour screens.)