Re: [BUG REPORT] UI Manager demo fails

From: Andy Wingo
Subject: Re: [BUG REPORT] UI Manager demo fails
Date: Sun, 20 May 2007 16:24:25 +0200

Hi Andy,

On Sat, 2007-05-19 at 23:20 +0100, Andy Chambers wrote:
> The
> guile-gnome documentation could be better and once I understand it
> better myself, I'd
> like to practice my doc writing skills and provide you with some patches.
> I noticed you're looking into working on a system for getting online docs
> available so I'd use the devhelp format if that's still your thinking on the
> issue.

I don't know what the right way forward is. I suppose that the end goal
is to have documentation of the quality of pygtk, which has a tutorial
and a reference. The former would probably be more appropriate for what
you're interested in, e.g. "how to make a custom tree model". This
document should probably be written in texinfo.

It would probably be best to auto-generate reference docs (e.g. "what
does gtk-bin-add do") from the devhelp.

If you are interested, consider starting a guile-gtk tutorial, perhaps
mirroring the upstream GTK tutorial.

Cheers,

Andy.
--