Re: [BUG REPORT] UI Manager demo fails

From: Kevin Ryde
Subject: Re: [BUG REPORT] UI Manager demo fails
Date: Mon, 21 May 2007 10:53:55 +1000

Andy Wingo <address@hidden> writes:

> It would probably be best to auto-generate reference docs (e.g. "what
> does gtk-bin-add do") from the devhelp.

[Shameless plug] I made my gtk-look.el to be able to use the C docs
directly, ie. lookup gtk-bin-add by that name, and leave just the
general principles in the guile-gtk.info manual.  (I suppose I should
extend gtk-look.el to do something with the guile-gnome class names one
day.)  I suspect however the guile-gtk manual, or it and the C docs
combination, isn't really enough for a beginner to one or both of scheme
or gtk.

http://www.geocities.com/user42_kevin/gtk-look/index.html