[BUG REPORT] UI Manager demo fails

From: Andy Chambers
Subject: [BUG REPORT] UI Manager demo fails
Date: Sat, 12 May 2007 16:11:25 +0100

Hi,

I've just stumbled across guile-gnome whilst looking for a way to make
a gui using a lisp-a-like language.  Guile seems to be a very well
documented and practical scheme and gnome has IMHO by far the best
looking widgets (although I've never used a Mac ).

However, one of the demos doesn't work on debian.  I installed the
guile-gnome packages from debian unstable and also tried using the
examples from the bzr repositry but in both cases, the ui-manager
crashes the demo.

It seems that (get-ui-manager-get-widget ui "/MenuBar) returns #f and
I think this might be the source of the problem but alas my scheme foo
is weak and gtk foo is even weaker.

Does this demo work on other systems?

--Andy

ps Another question I have is "What's the relation between guile-gnome
and guile-gtk?"