guix-devel

Re: Gnunet-0.10.0 recipe

From: Christian Grothoff
Subject: Re: Gnunet-0.10.0 recipe
Date: Tue, 04 Feb 2014 09:06:22 +0100

We use the OpenSSL binary to create a certificate from a shell script
(gnunet-transport-certificate-creation). So the dependency is on the
binary, not on the library, and thus there is no GPL licensing issue.

Now, it might be possible to do the same with gnutls-cli or some
similar tools, so if someone wants to hack the shell script to
eliminate OpenSSL entirely, that's fine with me.

Happy hacking!

Christian