guix-devel

Re: Help needed for screenshots

From: Bruno Félix Rezende Ribeiro
Subject: Re: Help needed for screenshots
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2014 13:35:35 -0200

Em Mon, 17 Nov 2014 16:13:16 +0100
address@hidden (Ludovic Courtès) escreveu:

> I’d rather remove the table altogether, unless LibreJS really uses it.

LibreJS *really* needs it.  JavaScript License Web Labels is the
preferred, and practical, method for labeling third party scripts as
free [0].

> And even if LibreJS uses it, I’d rather make it invisible.

Wouldn't that defeat one of the purposes of the method's design?
People should have easy access to the source code of the programs they
are running.  If we hide the table, people won't easily find the source
code.  So, what would be the purpose of stating them as free in the
first place?

I think the best solution is to make a separate page
'javascript.html' with the table, and put a small, but prominent,
LibreJS logo linking to that page, like I did for my personal web site.

What do you think?

Footnotes:

[0] http://www.gnu.org/licenses/javascript-labels-rationale.html

--
 ,= ,-_-. =.  Bruno Félix Rezende Ribeiro (oitofelix) [0x28D618AF]
((_/)o o(\_)) There is no system but GNU;