guix-devel

Re: [ART] Website mockup rev2

From: Luis Felipe López Acevedo
Subject: Re: [ART] Website mockup rev2
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2015 17:27:21 -0500

El mié, 25-02-2015 a las 21:28 +0100, Andreas Enge escribió:
> On Wed, Feb 25, 2015 at 01:34:51PM -0500, Luis Felipe López Acevedo wrote:
> > I think that GuixSD should have its own website (at guixsd.gnu.org) and
> > Guix should stay on gnu.org/s/guix.
>
> Honestly, I do not quite understand why we would need two different websites.
> Guix and GuixSD are so tightly intertwined that I think it does not make
> much sense to separate them (same git, same bug tracker, same mailing list,
> same manual); of course, there could be subpages for one or the other aspect.
> But everything could be subpages of gnu.org/s/guix/. Or do we not have the
> right to several pages in one site?
>
> Andreas

I'd be glad to have one website for both as long as they don't compete
for attention. And I think GuixSD should be promoted as the main
"product" when the distribution is ready for the average user. So,
potential users would visit the website in the future, and clearly tell
that the website is about an operating system, not about a package
manager. For this, I think it would be nice to have a subdomain at
gnu.org (guixsd.gnu.org) instead of using gnu.org/s/guix/.