guix-devel

Re: Reorganizing guix package commands

From: Thompson, David
Subject: Re: Reorganizing guix package commands
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2016 09:03:30 -0400

I'm with Ricardo.  Separating things into things for "users" and
things for "developers" just re-establishes the dichotomy that we
intend to blur, and insist isn't really there in the first place.  We
want to encourage users to hack the system, not cordon off a section
of tools and say "these aren't for you."  Surely there are
improvements that can be made without sacrificing this.  The
conventional school of usability is not focused on making users more
computer literate, so we need to take a different route.

- Dave