guix-devel

Re: 77 Rust Crates, fluid, roboto-font, libpsyc rust bindings

From: ng0
Subject: Re: 77 Rust Crates, fluid, roboto-font, libpsyc rust bindings
Date: Wed, 04 Jan 2017 22:30:55 +0000

> Hi!
>
> Thanks for all the work!
>
> I second Ricardo’s comment about systematically running ‘guix lint’
> before submitting, especially for a patch series that is this large.
>
> If you think the review might take several round trips, it might be more
> convenient to publish it as a branch somewhere, to avoid resending 86
> messages.

It is published, but I can move it to my pagure.io account as
long as our (secushare) git+issue instance hasn't moved to the
new server. Right now it's .onion and invite-only, which as we
already discussed and voted on is suboptimal, resulting in the
move to a new server which shall be more open.
If that's really desired. I really dislike using email, so if you
would really make use of just using the remote branch or checking
it out in some way I'm all for it.
Should I just sent a short notive with the new branch and its
location once it is done?

> I understand the concerns of David Craven regarding
> ‘cargo-build-system’, though OTOH I’m tempted to think
> ‘cargo-build-system’ is probably not so bad if it managed to build all
> this.  ;-)  But anyway, I’ll David and you figure out what the best
> approach is!

I'm confused though. Before the latest patch it managed to build
it all, but it starts to break at the circular dependencies where
I did not check my solution and if it still builds. So up until
the point where the patches just change an input to become
available, it's alright, or seems so.
The circular dependencies were confusing, I ended up moving from
gitlab+markdown to my board and to paper to figure out the
correct way to bootstrap over several levels but it ended up
being circular. Then I saw that some where just devel-inputs or
what they are called in rust again, so I thought it'd work out to
first leave them out and add them once the right inputs are
available.

--
♥Ⓐ  ng0
PGP keys and more: https://n0is.noblogs.org/ http://ng0.chaosnet.org