guix-devel

Re: Commits signed by key not registered on Savannah

From: David Craven
Subject: Re: Commits signed by key not registered on Savannah
Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2017 14:49:29 +0100

> According to "git log --show-signature" on my machine, several recent
> commits by you (including this one) were signed with a different key
> than the one you have registered on Savannah.  Savannah has key
> C5E051C79C0BECDB, but your recent commits were signed with key
> 33B9E9FDE28D2C23.  How are we to confirm the authenticity of this key
> and of these commits?

Hi Mark,

I revoked my old key and published a new one to mit.edu. I mentioned
it in an email that I lost access to my previous key - I know - shame
on me - and if it was ok to simply regenerate a key and start signing
with it. I did not get a reply and assumed that keys expire and are
revoked from time to time so it must be ok. Please let me know what I
can do to remedy this issue.

Thank you,
David