guix-devel

Re: Looking to contribute

From: Alex Vong
Subject: Re: Looking to contribute
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2017 23:25:01 +0800

address@hidden writes:
[...]
> I'm a big fan of Alan Kay, and one thing he always made clear is that
> there should be no separation between the language and the operating
> system. I've found that many of the problems which plague modern OSes
> are the same which plague C. Which is why a system which sits on top
> of Scheme, one of the most powerful programming paradigms we have,
> is so appealing.

Since you mentioned you see analogy between language and OS (they face
similar problems), I think you will find this[0] interesting. It
discusses how delimted continuations are often used in OS without
explicit mentioning it.

Also, this reminds me of the joke: Emacs is an operating system

[0]: http://okmij.org/ftp/continuations/zipper.html#context-OS