guix-devel

Re: Thunderbird

From: Catonano
Subject: Re: Thunderbird
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2017 11:36:42 +0200

> I was wondering if anyone would work on Astroid mail
> https://astroidmail.github.io/
>
> It seems simpler to package than Thunderbird and it could be extremely
> useful in the short/medium term

Astroid requires external programs like mpop or offlineimap to fetch
mail. So it cannot quite replace Thunderbird for the casual mail
user.

What about the not so casual email user ? ;-)

Perhaps, claws-mail or blasa are better alternatives. Both
claws-mail and balsa are already packaged for Guix.

I didn t know

In my view, those make the Thunderbird case even more desperate ;-)