guix-devel

Re: my latest blog post

From: Mark H Weaver
Subject: Re: my latest blog post
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2018 06:53:14 -0400

Catonano <address@hidden> writes:

> Now, please, tell me: is it worth that I edit the manual to include in
> a reasonable way the notions that you provided my with about macro
> stepping ?
>
> Or would you refuse to merge it ?

My position is that the manual is not an appropriate place to document
wishlist items for our TODO list, which is what this is.  So no, I would
not merge it into our manual.

However, I agree with you that a macro stepper would be a very useful
thing to have, to help people to debug and understand macro libraries.
I believe that the appropriate place for this is as a ticket in our bug
tracking system.  That is our preferred way to keep track of unsolved
bugs and TODO list items.

I would encourage you to file a ticket by sending an email to
address@hidden with all of the relevant information.

I would also ask that you consider the possibility that I am
not your enemy.

       Mark