guix-devel

Re: guix pull: error: symlink: File exists

From: Gábor Boskovits
Subject: Re: guix pull: error: symlink: File exists
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2018 20:03:12 +0100

Hello Laura,

Laura Lazzati <address@hidden> ezt írta (időpont: 2018.
okt. 31., Sze, 19:10):

>> I've found that adding to xsessionrc
>> is what made it work for me, I actually tried to source the
>> GUIX_PROFILE/etc/profile, but I could not make that work reliably
>> (seemingly .xsessionrc dost not cut the bill here)
>
> Did you just create the file adding the export PATH line that is also in
> .profile and that's it in the user's home folder? I've never had to deal with
> .xsessionrc before, I am reading different sites on the web, but maybe I am
> doing something not in the right way.

yes, exactly.

> Just in case something went wrong in between, I am following your steps, and
> documenting it.
>
> Regards :)
> Laura

Now I am trying to get the official way working, that is by sourcing
~/.guix-profile/etc/profile, but it does not seem to work yet.
(I could of course just source it manually whenever I start a
terminal, but this does not feel comfortable)
I will have a look if I can simply get it working using . instead of
source, or any other reasonable way.
(Guix prepares most of the recommended environment variables there)

Best regards,
g_bor